Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cupcakes and More Cupcakes

I have been on a cupcake making spree!  Mainly because I have been trying to master the fluffy icing that comes on cupcakes when purchased in the store.  I finally found a recipe that I like and it is easy to manipulate.  I used the recipe below.  I have modified the recipe with cocoa powder and cream cheese.  Apparently, you can modify this recipe with other ingredients such as heavy whipping cream too.

Also, you have to use a HUGE icing tip! I don’t remember the exact name of the one that I purchased at HL but it is 2" long with a 3/4" opening. It worked like a champ!  I am pretty proud of myself … Onto “perfecting” the icing recipe for the perfect taste. 

Icing Recipe:
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1/2 bag of powdered sugar
vanilla extract

I didn’t use the giant tip on these polka dot cupcakes.
CUPCAKE 1CUPCAKE 2
CUPCAKE 5CUPCAKE 4
CUPCAKE 6CUPCAKE 7
CUPCAKE 8CUPCAKE 9
CUPCAKE 11CUPCAKE 12


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How about the Chocolate ones? Did you just add some cocoa? They look so yummy.

arlene said...

Pretty! Have you tried

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/03/thats-the-best-frosting-ive-ever-had/

recipe? It holds up amazingly - closest I've made to looking like the cupcake shops. And it tastes divine! I add different extracts to change it up. Love your blog! Found you on Pinterest.

Related Posts with Thumbnails