Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cat In The Hat, Thing 1 &; Thing 2

I was never one to dress up for Halloween, even as a child.  Halloween really was not a big deal around our house; yeah we carved pumpkins as kids but Halloween never really impacted any of my great memories surrounding my childhood.  However, last year I couldn't resist dressing up with my coworkers as Cat in the Hat,  Thing 1 and Thing 2.  The Cat in the Hat costume was purchased and of course, we put the Thing 1 and Thing 2 costumes together ourselves.  It was quite simple and it really didn't cost too much money.  The wigs are purchased, the tights are purchased and we splurged on the red Vans.  I made the skirts and the shirts with the help of a Texas Made 4 You, {HERE}.  

We had a super good time at work and at the fall festival where we all attend the same church too.  Everyone got a kick out of an "adult" Thing 1 & Thing 2.  I don't know if we will dress up again this year because Thing 2 is in our second location ... I just don't think it would be the same if my other half is missing. 

Pin It

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love it! I wish my sister lived closer because she and I would totally do this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails