Monday, May 9, 2011

Porch Spruce Up

I have taken a pretty big interest in plants and sprucing up my back and front porches this spring season.  Yard work and plants are a love/hate relationship with me.  Plants make everything look esthetically pleasing to the eye; however, I do not have a green thumb . .  . trying to get there.  I really dislike mowing the yard too but I love to edge! I know, it’s crazy!  Here is what I have been working on.


THE BACK PORCH
PORCH7 copy
PORCH11
I have to have pillows.  I am one of those crazy pillow people!
I found this bench in Round Top for a steal and then I made the bench pad & pillows.
I have two single chairs that I found at Sam’s last year.

PORCH2 copy
PORCH8 copy
I am debating on rather or not I should get more of these planters. 
I think I want one for the front porch railing too!

PORCH12 copyPORCH13 copy

THE FRONT PORCH
PORCH5 copy
Clean, simple with a touch of jazzyness . . . Totally my personality.

PORCH3 copy
I had several small flower pots out front but I wasn’t feeling it with them.  I really feel like this planter gives me that statement that I am looking for with out looking cluttered.  I actually grew those caladiums from bulbs and the azaleas (I think that is what they are.) in front are from seeds! I am so proud of myself.

PORCH22 copyPORCH23 copy

PORCH15 copy

15 comments:

Angell said...

Pretty!!!

Jocelyn said...

Love.............makes you want to come and sit a spell!!!

Have a great week!!!

Elle Belles Bows said...

I am having some serious back porch envy! Looks great and also has inspired me to spruce ours up!! Love the pillows!

Kerri

Unknown said...

I am very jealous of your bench and pillows in particular. LOVE the fabric you used!! I would love it if you would link this up to my Marvelous Mess party. Each week I pick one project to feature on my sidebar for a week!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/05/marvelous-mess-12.html

Kara said...

What a great spruce up! Well, minus the Texas gnome. If he was a Gator, he'd be a whole lot cuter!!

Hope your'e doing well!

Anonymous said...

It's easy to see you love working and being outdoors. All your porch things are lovely, but I really like that big pot of flowers in the last picture!

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

You've really found some great items on sale - I'm jealous for your bench :) The pillows are so gorgeous! You're doing good with the green thumb thing, I also suffer but like you, I'm trying. Thanks so much for sharing!

Mary @ Redo 101

CreationsForEleanor said...

I love it! I did some vinyl on pots for teachers and want to try it on mine. Jealous of your cement...I am a bit tired of scraping and repainting:) Your pillows are fabulous, that is what I have left to do. Thanks again!

April said...

Love those pillows! Great job!

Peter George said...

I love your new pillows! I hope you enjoy your outdoor space this summer and good luck with the plants :)

Unknown said...

I am loving your gnome!! I wonder if they make them in UT get up. My hubby would kill me if I came home with a A&M anything!!! Your flowers look gorgeous! Looks like you have a green thumb to me.

Kadie @ Seven Alive

Life in Rehab said...

The yard's lookin' really good! Oh, and I love the HOWDY planter!

Lorrie said...

Lorrie@ The Victorian Rabbit Said...I love your site. Your gardening projects and fancy pillow are great. I'am your newest follower

self hypnosis scripts said...

Lovely back porch!

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful would love for you to link it to http://www.bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/ party starts tonight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails