Thursday, December 13, 2012

Personalized & Custom Patchwork Bean Bag

{OMG} {OMG} {OMG} This is so stinkin’ freakin’ fabulous!! Remember the {PINK & DAMASK CRIB SET} that I made? Well, my customer ordered a patchwork bean bag using some of the left over fabrics.  What a great idea, right?!  Especially with the personalization.  I want to make a million of these!  Definitely going to making a Texas A&M bean bag for my friend’s son.

I used Simplicity pattern, number 5105. I cut out the bean bag pattern using a heavy weight interfacing and then sewed the patchwork pieces to the interfacing.  I followed the pattern directions as given; except I added a zipper to the bottom piece of the bean bag.  Sewing the actual bean bag together was super easy; the patchwork was a little time consuming but totally worth it.  WARNING: If you buy this pattern- this bean bag is HUGE!! The bean bag wasn’t even full and we purchased (2) $15 bean bags from Walmart for the insides.  I was a little disappointed that the pattern didn’t tell me how much filling to buy.  For the next one, I am going to cut up the purchased bean bag and use it as my pattern since it is smaller.

PATCHWOOD BEAN BAG (2)
PATCHWOOD BEAN BAG (5)

Isn’t she just the cutest baby ever!?!
Check out the “L”!!  My monogramming lady {2DALOU}, did such a fantastic job! LOVE!

PATCHWOOD BEAN BAG (12)
Pin It

8 comments:

Mrs Bishop said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet! Love all the possibilities!

Unknown said...

This is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

Life in Rehab said...

I love that! I have to make some of those...the kids would never get out!!

Liz said...

This is GREAT! I really need one for my own!!! Liz

Nicole @WonkyW said...

This is so gorgeous! I love it.

Lisa said...

This is adorable! How cute and it can't get any better than matching perfectly!

Katrine said...

This is adorable! But your baby is beyond adorable! I found you from Sumo's sweet stuff.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Darling beanbag and darling baby! Love the monogram on it! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday.

http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

Thanks for linking up!
Sumo:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails