Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bunny Topiaries

I walked into Pier 1 the other day, just to browse around and possibly get some inspiration or ideas.   My eyes went straight towards the Easter décor.  I spotted the cutest bunny topiaries for ONLY $3!! I picked up two of them! I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I left Pier 1 and went to the dollar store. 

(Is the word "topiaries" really a word? My spell check says no!)

The $3 bunny.  Isn’t he cute? All fuzzy and fresh looking.
DSC_1749

I purchased the blue pot from DT.
Already had some floral foam & moss on hand.   
Those came from DT too!  Quick, easy, cheap and super fabulous! 
My kind of décor!  He looks fabulous on my desk at work.
DSC_1748

This arrangement sits on my dining room table.
I placed a bunny in the arrangement; kind of unexpected.
(I tried to change out the big arrangement for something
more “springy” but it wasn’t happening with my décor.)
DSC_1744

The day I left Pier 1, I immediately called my Mom so she could
get in on the goods too!  Here is what she came up with.
The green balls came from WM for about $3 and more moss from DT.
I think it is so awesome that two people can take the same item
and create two totally different looks.  I am in love with her arrangement.
DSC_1592

Check out these “mossy balls” that she made.
Styrofoam balls on clearance, cover with glue and 
add on DT moss. 
DSC_1593


21 comments:

Heather {WhipperBerry} said...

How fun...I pinned your cute topiary on Pinterest!

mle said...

must.have.those.bunnies!!
super cute arrangements : )

Christine {Pure Joy} said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to pick some up.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Oh those are too cute! I am definitely going looking for those! Cute topiaries!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

So, I'll be running to Pier One to get some bunnies if they still have them. Great post!
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Cassie said...

So darn cute, sista!!!
=)

Veronika said...

So cute!

The Autocrat: Haley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Well, I said I'd be heading to Pier 1 and I just got back and bougth three moss bunnies to make something springlike with them. I'll be sure to leave a link to your blog when I post mine.

Jennifer said...

I am in love with these little green bunnies! Thanks for sharing your pretty work at CSI!
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Anonymous said...

Love them, but especially your mother's as I'm semi-obsessed with moss, LOL!

Amy Taylor said...

Love this project! I featured you over at

Just Pleased as Punch

Anonymous said...

Very cute! These bunnies remind me of the book "Runaway Bunny" - Thanks for sharing! :)

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

I just posted my little bunny topiary inspired by yours over on my blog. www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Elizabeth said...

i love this! SUPER cute!!! TFS :)

Katie said...

Aren't those bunnies too fun! I have two and always enjoy mixing up how I use them from year to year. Love you ideas, so simple but with great results!

Lolly Jane said...

love it! so simple & darling! (:

Tiffany Tweedie said...

Love the bunny topiaries (yes, real spelling. Your spellcheck is having PMS.

Moss balls sounds dirty.

Cris said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

love the moss bunny topiary!! I'm a follower!

Sara Childs said...

We don't have a Pier 1 nearby (good thing, because I would spend money there), but I'd think a wood bunny shape could be covered with the moss to make a similar effect? Or even with the fake grass sold for model trains. Awesome job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails