Monday, March 28, 2011

Easter @ Mom’s- Paper Mache Eggs

I am so jealous that my Mom beat me when it came to making these paper mache eggs!  I wish she lived closer so we could get together and make more things, more often.  These eggs came out so classic looking; exactly how I imagined them.  They are displayed on candle sticks that sit on the dining room table.  Of course, I have purchased some paper mache eggs from HL but I can’t seem to get them done.  Way too many things on the crafty to do list!

PAPER MACHE EGGPAPER MACHE EGG (2)

Check out a few more things that are at my parent’s house.  I need a house the size of theirs!
I love the way this apothecary jar looks with the blue eggs!
EASTER DECOR (6)

The table  ALWAYS has a four person place setting set.  Mom has a million dinner plates, chargers, napkins, place mats and etc.   She is really good at mixing and matching all of the pieces together.  (You're probably wondering how we eat at the table with all the "decorative dishes"? We place a paper plate on top of the “place setting” dishes! LOL)
EASTER DECOR (3)

This particular bird will forever remind me of home.  Mom has had a collection of birds since before they were “cool” and popular.  Under the cloche with a nest, the bird looks more fabulous and luxurious than ever.
EASTER DECOR (5)



10 comments:

Tiffany Tweedie said...

You know what I'm thinking...

I wonder if I could decoupage a Peep on those eggs!

Tiffany Tweedie said...

Oh oh - or Peeps under glass!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Those eggs are beautiful. They would make a fantastic gift!
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Cheryl's Crafty Jewelry said...

I love the vintagy look of those paper mache eggs...timeless...:)

Simple Life Journey said...

Oooo, I love your blog. I happened upon it. One of my favorites I've seen. Love the ideas!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Wow, those are awesome! Great job!

~following you now :)

Stop by and see me too!

Tammy @ Type A said...

gorgeous. love the eggs! i have a party that goes from tues-thurs, i would love you shared this. http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/04/anything-goes-party-11.html

Sailing with bare feet said...

Everything is so adorable !! I love your blog !!
You can visit me at my blog here ! http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

Gretchen said...

those eggs are great!!!

kate blue said...

am so glad to see classic vintage...reminds me of my childhood...wonderful project!

Related Posts with Thumbnails