Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cards & My Brithday

I have been on a card making spree these last few days.  Making cards is a real challenge for me because the area that you have to work with is really small.  A card isn't near a big as a piece of 12 x 12 paper that you scrapbook on.  Also, it is a challenge for me to come up with different layouts and sentiment sayings.  However, most of the time I just make generic cards and then I can stamp in "Happy Birthday" "Thank You" or just whatever on the inside of the card. After about a year or two of making cards, I feel as though I have gotten better and a little more creative.  I have become obsessed with those vintage ladies and smart a** sayings that go along with the ladies.  These two are my favorite: "I am only as strong as the coffee that I drink and the hairspray that I use" or "Be nice to your children, they choose your nursing home" I just love em and just had to make some vintage type cards.  I made a special one for my favorite aunt K, who is a card making machine and probably has about 500 stamps!  It says "What does she do with all those stamps."  LOL It totally fits her, I will have to post some of her creations.  I am bummed because I copied her Christmas card to make my Valentine's Day cards and didn't even take any pics of them.  Oh well. . . 

My birthday just pasted right before Valentine's Day.  I turned the dreaded 27.  I am officially into may late twenties.  It kinda sucks in a way, I guess just the stigma of all the things that go with being 27.  Like KIDS, and MARRIAGE!!  Which, if you know me, I have neither.  I have the long term boyfriend, who I call King, and we have been dating for almost 6 years!! (Officially 6 years in May.)  We live together and we like it that way.  Wow! I am totally getting of topic here! LOL  So my birthday was great! And I came to realize that I work with a great group of people who must really like me! LOL  Two of my work BFF's organized cup cakes, lunch for everyone, and a card which included a nice size gift card enclosed.  Since the gift card amount was so substantial I felt it was only appropriate to give all of those that contributed a thank you card.  I got an idea from some mini Valentine cards and I just fell in love with them.  But I don't like always mailing mini cards in snail mail because the envelopes are just too big- seems disappointing to get a tiny card in a large envelope.  Giving out my mini birthday thank you's to my office peeps was the perfect opportunity to make some mini cards.  Especially since I was able to hand deliver them with out any envelopes.  Of course, everyone just loved them!  They are 3.25 x 3.25 with the printed paper being 3 x 3.  I printed the words "thank you" on white card stock and used my circle punch to cut out the words.  Add a little paint, ribbon and your done! I was stoked because I was able to use up a lot of my scrap paper!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails