Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was this past weekend and I spent Friday and Saturday at home while King went to visit his family in B Town, I think he gets homesick.  I just didn't feel like traveling for the weekend, especially since he sprung this idea on me at noon on Friday.  Don't worry, I wasn't upset by him leaving for the weekend, when he is away I am able to get tons of stuff done around the house and I am able to craft my little fingers off!  And besides, I had to go get his Valentine gift for the second time.  King was working in El Paso and I had sent him a box of goodies but he had left the hotel before it actually got there.  I don't know if we will ever see that package.  LOL  King and I never really make a big deal out of birthdays or Valentine's Day.  With Christmas being in December, King's birthday being in January, and my birthday just four days before V-day, it just doesn't seem that special to get yet another gift.  So we usually only end up spending about $20 or so for V-day.  I bought this bucket and filled it full of Kings favorite things such as Chips Ahoy "Chewy", Carmex, Gatorade, Peanut Butter, Reese's and all things red and black.  He thought I out did him.  Which isn't what gifts are about.  I had put together something that came from my heart.  However, he did get me some roses! They are so pretty.  I'm such a penny pincher . .  . . I was glad that he went to the grocery store to get the flowers and not to a florist.  LOL That evening we went to a local pizzaeria to eat a casual dinner.  I was floored at how packed that place was.  There was actually a wait for a table but it was worth it since their food is really tasty; besides most of the restaurants probably would've had a longer wait than ten minutes! 
On Saturday I made five pairs of cotton capri lounge pants!! (Sorry no pics.) I am crazy! I didn't realize that I had purchased that much fabric.  Buying great looking fabric is almost an addiction that I have, just like buying scrapbooking paper.  I just can't help myself!  It is just as easy to make one pair of pants as it is to make 5.  When I am working on making multiples of things, I always get an assembly line going on.  Cut them all out, sew them all up, iron open all the seems, put elastic in all of them, and finally iron all of them one last time.  Since I had made five new pair this weekend, and made three new pair last week, I decided it was time to clean out my dresser for the new lounge pants.  Which I was glad I did, some of that stuff was getting pretty nappy! LOL I would also like to share this super snazzy tote bag that I made to match my new pink Coach purse!  It's fresh, very spring-y and will carry me into summer.  The old tote was red, black, and yellow, which wasn't happening with my new pink purse.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails