Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't Have A Cricut: GO BUY ONE!

It is late Thursday night and I have just finished up hemming my bridesmaid dress and a banner for Mrs. Drebeilbis's wedding.  A last minute detail that she never got around to; which does not surprise me because she did a million DIY things for her wedding.  It's a banner for her cookie decoration station (Will post picture after wedding).  Apparently, "stations" or "bars" are the hot item to have for a weddings.  For example, cookie bars, taco bars, candy bar, coffee bar, espresso bar, dessert bar, and of course, gotta have the traditional "beverage" bar with some adult drinks! Boy am I going to need some of those adult drinks this weekend! A busy week at work really takes a toll on the creative mind.

So I made the banner with the help of the Cricut cutter.  If you don't have one of these, you need to go get one! Even if you aren't a big time crafter, you will probably get alot of use out of it especially if you have kids.  They are great for birthday parties and projects for the kids.  Of course, the banners and cupcake toppers are my two number one items that I make for birthdays.  I highly suggest investing in one of these! Can you believe that cheap-o Autocrat Haley paid $300 for hers when they first came out over three years ago!!! I saw them for $75 last year on Black Friday, so you CAN get one!  Here are the cupcake toppers for one of my co worker's daughter's birthday.  Just gotta glue a toothpick to the back.  Okay so you don't want to purcahse a Cricut to make some cupcake toppers.  Another alternative to make square cupcake toppers that you make with a $10-$15 cutter from the craft store.  Make sure it has the tick marks for the measurements.  Okay, cut out a square that is 2.50 in x 2.50 in.  this will be the very back piece (the purple piece in the picture) Cut the second piece of paper 2.25 in x 2.25 in (the yellow piece in the picture) The last step is to cut out the white piece of paper that has your words on it.  That square will be 2 in x 2 in. Glue all together and hot glue the toothpick to the back.  You're done!  Oh yeah, I helped Mrs. Rooster and her daughter make super cute Valentines for her class, so another reason to tell your husband that you NEED one!

1 comment:

Amanda LaRue said...

I love the cricut. It has bailed me out of some recent school projects and they all turned out way good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails