About a year ago King broke his key in the lock on our front door. How?! Yeah, I'm not to sure. He's not a patient man when it comes to things such as the lock giving him trouble. However, he was gracious enough to get it replaced the same day. He got the darker brushed bronze lock, but I don't think he realized that it didn't match the existing handle. Of course, I saw on a few blogs where other people where spray painting theirs and I decided to do ours (especially since there isn't anything "wrong" with the handle, just the color). I totally forgot to take a picture of the spray paint that I used. I think it was Rustoleum Metallics and a regular dark brown. Here's my tutorial:
I am contemplating taking off all of our "builder gold" handles and painting them too! That would be a pretty time consuming project. It seems like we have a ton of doors so I am not 100% sure if I will actually do it or not. However, I am definitely going to paint the ceiling fans, we only have two. I was inspired by another blog (sorry can't remember where). King is going to think I am crazy!