Hello! I am "THE" Mrs. Rooster. Haley and I are WACO BFF's. Her and I get together to craft and let loose! I was telling Haley how excited I was about trying to redo my office space and really personalize it. She was totally on board with the decorating and she has helped so much. I didn't have much of a theme or budget to make this happen. It started out simply with a color scheme and I have built on it from there. One of my first purchases for my office space was a lamp that I got at Goodwill...yeah that's right, Goodwill! It was a steal. I found this lamp for a bargain price of $3.99. It was in great condition, but it did not meet the criteria for the color scheme. "Project Time" I thought to myself. But before I purchased I assessed if this lamp was worth the $3.99 and what it would take to make it in to "office space" worthiness. With a quick re-assurance from Haley, I was swiping my debt card and home it went. Here it is my proud purchase before it was restored to all it's glory..... this however is not so glorious!
Over the next couple of days at lunch I went shopping for a lamp shade. I found a great lamp shade to fit the design, style and size of the lamp and my office space. This is very important. You don't want to get a lamp shade that hides your lamp....what fun is that. It is the show piece to your lamp but it should not take away from it. I then stopped in at the local HL (I am becoming a regular there now) and picked up some beads, trim, fabric and fabric adhesive. I was ready to start this "Project". I got home, whipped out my spray paint can and went to paint the town...black! While letting the lamp dry I started work on my lamp shade.
This poor lamp shade was not going to cut it in the office space. Any one who knows me, knows I love sparkle, and shiny things! So I started with stripping down the lamp shade's seam pieces. I then measured and cut out my fabric pieces to go on my lamp. Once all my pieces were cut, I used my spray adhesive and Viola' it's got a new look. Not one to show anyone yet. I now needed to hide my seams, so with a little ribbon and my most trusted craft tool...the glue gun; I added the black satin ribbon trim. And because I love sparkle I added some beading, eyelash trim and I was done. This project took about an hour. I checked back on my base and it was ready for it's new shining crown.