Sunday, May 2, 2010

Loving Low Prices!

 I headed out on Saturday in search of some good deals and to stock up on some supplies.  Of course, I had to hit up HL.  I was able to find rugs for both of the bathrooms.  Regular price $39.99 (Who pays that much!?) and I got them for $13!! Which is my price range!  I have slowly been redoing the bathroom since I knew the roomie was moving out and the finding a deal on two new rugs was the finishing touch.  Not sure why I painted this bathroom blue . . . There isn't anything else in our home that is blue.  Three years later, and I am still a little unsure of it.  I am wanting to do a re-do on those cabinents, but still a little uneasy, I don't want to mess it up!
I also stopped in at Kohl's to get my new bathroom towels.  Yay! I love having matching towels!  Now both of the bathrooms are stocked with brown chestnut towels, so if they get mixed up- it doesn't matter!  Here is the towel hook thing-a-ma-jig that I made for half the cost of a towel bar.  The dark broze towel bars are so expensive. (FYI: You should've seen the wacked out positions I was in to get these two bathroom shots!! I think I need a wide angle lense?!)
One last stop, the GW and I scored again!!  I spotted a pair of wooden salt and pepper shakers for only $2.99! I am stoked about redoing them!
Now it is time to get to work on painting two of the walls in the guest bedroom.  Since the roomie had his bed against two of the walls, the paint wore off and is showing the old color, doesn't look so nice.  Hopefully, I can start and finish that on Monday after work.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Your bathroom looks wonderful, what a great idea to put knobs on a picture for towel hangers. Your bathroom would look great in a light blue, maybe. Light blue looks so good with the lovely browns that you have in there. You could put a wood frame around the mirror and it would look great too! Whatever you are wanting to do, go for it, you will love it!! Hugs, Cindy S

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Yes, I am wanting to add a frame to the mirror. I am thinking of investing in the saw that makes all of those angled cuts!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Fabulous Rug and I love the shower curtain! The towel hook is so clever and creative...Love it! Thanks again for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Hope to see you again next Sunday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Related Posts with Thumbnails