Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Own Sock Monkey

As you all might know I love the sock monkey.  Not sure what it is about it, but I love it!!  I am so very EXCITED because my super fabulous mom made me my very own sock monkey!! Doesn't it look fabulous!! I am excited to have him sit on my craft room and watch me craft!  Keeps me company when King is out of town!  LOL  My mom said it took her over an HOUR! to put one of these together and she is a very avid and almost professional sewer, been sewing since she was wee tiny.  Therefore, if you want to make one, you might want to have a little time.  Just thought I would let you all know.  Sorry, I am not even sure if she used a pattern or not . . . but here is a site that has a pattern.  I found the actually sock monkey "socks" at WalMart, only saw them like once, not sure why they had them but I bought a few pair!

 How You Like Me Now!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

my kids would DIE over that monkey! thanks for stopping by our blog! (we get really excited about visitors... like REALLY..) i am a little jealous of your craft room... my craft room is my living room... the ottoman is my cutting table... can't wait to see what you do next!
sisters4saymoreismore.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

OMG! OMG! I saw this and got way too excited for 7 am. I'm obsessed with that Kia commercial and I have a screen shot as my desktop image! I need to make one of these! Thank you SO much for posting this!

Recaptured Charm said...

The Sock Monkey is completely adorable! Thanks for dropping by today, your visit was much appreciated.
Lisa

MRS ROOSTER said...

What is his name??

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

I love sock monkeys! What a fabulous job! I just love the vinatge feel of these! You're so lucky to have a handmade one - Makes it that more special! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jami said...

I have been thinking about making a sock monkey for my son't birthday. Soooo cute!

Amy said...

he is too cute! Thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays" Would you do me a favor and relink to the craft area? I have 2 themes you can link up to...anti-procrastination theme and a craft, recipe, project theme. Thanks and sorry for the confusion. If you are still confused, just read the post, it will direct you more clearly.

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking up to Take-A-Look Tuesday. I featured you today - feel free to swing by and grab a button! Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Misty @Creative Itch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty @Creative Itch said...

Love the sock monkey! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

Renée said...

He just exudes personality. I love his mouth the most! Great job...

Related Posts with Thumbnails